Mirazon is seeking an Account Manager in the Midwest
Our IT consulting projects vary widely in technology, scope and budget, but there’s one thing that stays consistent: our clients always need expert help. It might be an Exchange migration one day and a SAN forklift upgrade the next, but our clients absolutely need a talented team behind them to keep them on track.
A day in the life of a Mirazon account manager is hard to define – our clients vary widely in size, industry and structure. You could start your day talking about a small business’s Wi-Fi network and directly pivot onto an enterprise scale-out of hyperconverged infrastructure.
What we can tell you is to expect to be kept on your toes. You have to be well versed in the pieces and parts of business technology and be able to dig and find the other projects they might not have told you they’re working on … or they may not even realize they need.
But why work here, you ask? Well, we aren’t a three-time recipient of the Best Place to Work in Greater Louisville and Best Place to Work in Kentucky awards for nothing. Our community culture is second to none and the flexibility and growth opportunities our employees enjoy keep them hanging around for a long time.
So, we’re dying to know. Can you go toe-to-toe with the engineers? Can you learn how the different technologies work together? Can you crush quotas?
Take the plunge and fill out our application and tell us what you’re great at. Maybe you’re just what we need.
The Account Managerreports to the Sales Manager. The primary purpose is to develop a business relationship with the customer and continuously bring value to the customer through solutions provided by Mirazon. The primary focus of the Account Manager is to learn about their customers and align their needs with Mirazon solutions. The Account Manager should have and display the core values and key competencies listed below in addition to meeting all the requirements and accountabilities.
All employees of Mirazon should share in our purpose to help others be more successful. This work takes effort by each team member and their specific contributions. Successful employees will naturally connect with our core values and seek out opportunities to elevate coworkers and the business. A customer first mentality and team player attitude is required for all positions at Mirazon.
- Engage with leads as assigned from Marketing/Sales.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements.
- Identify opportunities within existing clients on an on-going basis with Mirazon account team and perform TBR(Technical Business review) at least once per year.
- Provide pre-sales product education and detailed information on solutions we deliver.
- Manage customer satisfaction for product services delivered.
- A solid technical background
- The ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
- Independence and self-reliance
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college or post-high school program preferred, but not required.
- Communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform essential job functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Manage multiple tasks at one time without compromising quality or time commitments.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
**Mirazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, genetic information, actual or perceived sexual orientation and actual or perceived gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Mirazon also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities and covered veterans. Mirazon also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The successful applicant will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and/or other management staff of the organization as business needs arise.