This week at Microsoft TechEd 2013, in New Orleans, Louisiana, X-IO will be showcasing the next generation file storage product, the File Storage Controller (FSC) 2200. File Storage Controller (FSC) 2200 is a Microsoft certified Cluster-in-a-Box appliance that brings together the very best of Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2012 and ISE. The FSC 2200 is built for enterprise, file-based, application-intensive workloads like transaction processing, virtualization and private cloud, with the cost-effective, highly reliable and high performance attributes of ISE.
X-IO will demonstrate the Hyper ISE model of FSC 2200 at TechEd North America along with other X-IO key products like ISE Manager, Virtual View, ISE Performance Adapter for Windows Perfmon, ISE Mirroring, and X-IO Orchestrator.
The FSC 2200 is currently planned for general availability in August and will enable X-IO to provide price-performance value to network based, file storage – an area where legacy NAS arrays require capacity and performance tradeoffs.
- The following are some of the additional benefits FSC 2200 brings customers, beyond those differentiators offered by the ISE:
- Enables volumes to be configured with state-of-the-art data deduplication and compression, designed for primary data
- Transparent, planned or unplanned failover for SMB 3.0 clients with Windows Server 2012 Continuous Availability
- The latest file sharing protocols enabling high performance – NFS 4.1 and SMB 3.0
- Scale-out file server capabilities through Microsoft Windows Server Failover Clustering, and scale up with ISE
- SMB Direct Protocol, supporting the use of network adapters that have Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) capability, and enabling the network adapters to function at full speed with very low latency, while using very few CPU cycles
- iSCSI target capabilities
- Well-known Microsoft server management interfaces