Mirazon is seeking a Senior Microsoft Consulting Engineer in St. Louis, MO and surrounding areas.
Our IT consulting projects vary widely in technology, scope and budget, but there’s one thing that stays consistent: our clients always need expert help. It might be an Exchange migration one day and a SAN forklift upgrade the next, but our clients absolutely need a skilled engineer who can confidently lead them in the right direction. You will work with some of the best and brightest in the industry and no one day will look the same. Think you could be a Mirazon systems engineer?
A day in the life of a Mirazon engineer is hard to define – our clients vary widely in size, industry and structure. You could start your day fixing a PC and end it architecting a network for a Fortune 500 company. It’s just like that here.
What we can tell you is to expect to be kept on your toes. On top of constantly evaluating bleeding edge technologies, you have to be well versed in the pieces and parts of business technology. Our clients intrinsically trust us to design, implement and support their technology and their success hinges on the solutions we recommend. That means knowing what your clients need technically, but also fully understanding the strategic side, and aligning the two. In doing so, your end game is to recommend what is right for the client. Every time.
But why work here, you ask? Well, we aren’t a three-time recipient of the Best Place to Work in Greater Louisville and Best Place to Work in Kentucky awards for nothing. Our community culture is second to none and the flexibility and growth opportunities our employees enjoy keep them hanging around for a long time.
So, we’re dying to know. Do your troubleshooting skills go beyond asking Google (or Bing)? How Microsoft savvy are you? How skilled are you with virtualization technologies like VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V or VDI environments? Have any experience dealing with SANs or cloud technologies? Can you handle switching gears with several clients in one day? Do you have any networking chops?
Take the plunge and fill out our application and tell us what you’re great at. Maybe you’re just what our clients need.
The Senior Microsoft Consulting Engineer, while being based in St. Louis, MO, will serve clients across the country and will be responsible for providing excellent technical support to our clients and to deliver superior customer service during those interactions. This position will focus on design, implementation, configuration, diagnosis and resolution of issues related to infrastructure focused technologies.
This position will require a broad background in of both mid-level and enterprise server technologies. Specific knowledge of Microsoft Server and Cloud technologies is a must. Extensive experience with multiple domain AD migrations, Office 365, and Azure experience is required.
Employees should have enthusiasm for helping customers leverage the best technology to solve their business challenges. Successful employees will likely have at least 6 years of experience in the technology industry and a minimum of 1-2 years of consulting experience.
The ideal person will have a passion for technology and experience with a multitude of technologies and includes but is not limited to: servers, virtualization, networking, and vendor specific hardware and software. Employees must also be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Resourcefulness / Initiative
- Relationship Building / Customer Focus
- Team Player
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college or post-high school program preferred, but not required.
- 6 or more years of experience in the technology industry
- More than a year of consulting experience.
- Technical troubleshooting skills.
- Communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Perform essential job functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Manage multiple tasks at one time without compromising quality or time commitments.
- Demonstrate good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Document processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Maintain Professional IT certification(s), such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, MCSE, or MCITP, or VMware VCP.
**Mirazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, genetic information, actual or perceived sexual orientation and actual or perceived gender identity or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Mirazon also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities and covered veterans. Mirazon also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. The successful applicant will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor and/or other management staff of the organization as business needs arise.