Right before Thanksgiving, Mirazon was again proud to be one of the few U.S. companies chosen to be a live, onsite beta Trend Micro Worry Free Team.
We were honored to have the Trend team fly in to Louisville to meet and work with us to deploy and test in our environment.
The advantages to being an onsite beta is not only that we see the new product, but also that we are able to work directly with the team that makes it all work. We go over every component of the application from start to finish: everything from icons, button placement, wording, to feature modifications and requests for enhancements.
This designation also gives us a unique opportunity to ask more detailed questions on current versions that our engineers come back with from the field, which helps both us as well as them in improving the product. And, of course, everyone can then provide even better customer service!
Worry-Free Business Security 9.0 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Microsoft Exchange support: WFBS now supports Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP3 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
- Windows support: WFBS now supports Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Mac support up to OS X 10.9
- Mac client support for WFBS Standard.
- Mobile device security: WFBS now supports mobile device data protection and access control. Mobile device security has the following features:
……………..– Access control of compliant or managed devices that can access the Exchange server.
- Remote device wipe
- Remote device lock
- Enhanced password security
- Lock devices after a certain period of inactivity
- Lock devices if there are too many incorrect attempts to enter the password
- Enforce data encryption
- Activation Code enhancement: Post-paid Activation Code support
- Detection improvements:
……………..– Memory Scan for real-time scan
- Advanced mode for Behavior Monitoring
- Browser Exploit Protection
- Newly-encountered program download detection
- Performance improvements: WFBS re-introduces global URL Approved and Blocked lists for administrators
- Installation and un-installation time of Security Agent
- Deferred Scan for Real-time Scan
- Usability improvements
……………..– Global and group Approval/Block lists for Web Reputation and URL Filtering
- IP exception list for Web Reputation and URL Filtering in the Global Settings
- Removal of ActiveX from Client Tree and Remote installation page
- Customized Outbreak Defense
- Outlook 2013 and Windows Live Mail Support for Trend Micro Anti-Spam Toolbar
- Update Agent to update from Trend Micro ActiveUpdate only
- Stop Server updates
- Keep patterns when upgrading the Server and Agent
- Help Link and Infection Source virus logs