1) Which Perpetual Socket Licenses will be available for purchase?
Perpetual Socket Licenses for the Enterprise and Enterprise Plus Editions of Veeam Data Platform Foundation (formerly Veeam Backup & Replication) and Veeam Data Platform – Advanced (previously Veeam Availability Suite) as long as the client currently owns socket licensing at that level. These can be purchased with either Basic or Production support (yes, it seems that Basic support is also making a comeback!).
2) Who qualifies for further perpetual socket purchases?
Customers of Veeam Data Platform Foundation (formerly Veeam Backup & Replication) and Veeam Data Platform Advanced (previously Veeam Availability Suite) qualify. If you migrated from perpetual licensing to subscription licensing, you unfortunately cannot go back.
3) Are additional Veeam ONE, Veeam Data Platform Essentials sockets (of any edition), or Standard Edition customers able to be purchased?
Unfortunately, they are not. These customers would need to buy perpetual sockets for VDP Foundation (VBR) or VDP Advanced (VAS) in the Enterprise or Enterprise Plus edition after upgrading their current licenses to eligible versions so that the products can combine and produce a single license file for central management Veeam’s socket merge rules will still apply.
Customers who have purchased the Management Pack alone are ineligible for this purchase.
4) What merging possibilities are there for perpetual sockets?
Only perpetual licenses for the same product (Essentials, Foundation, Advanced) and edition (Standard, Enterprise, Enterprise Plus) can be merged. Subscription Sockets and Perpetual Sockets cannot be merged. When a socket license and a VUL license are installed simultaneously into a single product, the product will use socket licenses for all VMware and Hyper-V VMs and VUL instances for all other workloads.
5) Will there be a socket available for VDP-P?
No. This isn’t an option (“Why?” you might ask? We’re not sure either).
6) Will customers who have migrated be able to return to socket licensing?
Unfortunately, customers who migrated their socket licensing to VUL will not be able to revert back to socket licensing.
7) Can customers purchase and apply various editions of socket licenses in the same environment?
No. Customers are not permitted to use different editions or different products on the same shared source infrastructure.
8) Can clients use Perpetual Sockets and VUL licenses in the same centralized management environment?
Yes. For VDP – Foundation (VBR) and VDP – Advanced (VAS), combining sockets and VUL is possible.